Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Good Music Recommendation

Have you ever heard a song that's made you stop, nearly cry, & then exclaim loudly, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?! I must have it!!!"? Wellllll, I had that moment about a week ago & so now 'I just HAVE to tell you about it!!!'

I officially have 2 albums of Hayley Westenra's gorgeous voice! Now, I know what you're thinking: She's a singer...so it's what, pop, classical, jazz? No. =) Hayley Westenra is a bit like a mix between Charlotte Church & Josh Groban -- in that she's young & female & she sings really well. Born in Christchurch, New Zealand in 1987, she began her musical journey at the age of 6, even though her family history is filled with music: Grandmother sang & Grandfather played piano & piano accordian. She recorded her professional demo album at 12 years of age & within a year, she was picked up by a label. Seriously...that's amazing. Really!

Anyway, you should pick up a copy of one of Hayley Westenra's albums if you even half-like the artists I've compared her to...especially if you think Enya is any good (I don't think her music is that great but her talent is worth mentioning).

I wonder if I write to her & tell her I'm her #1 fan if she'll do an album of duets with me. =)

No comments: