Saturday, May 24, 2008

Going Green?

It seems that everywhere I look these days, someone or something is urging me to become more eco-friendly, more Earth-loving, more GREEN. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand the benefits of being green, but do the costs really even out? I don't have the facts & details from researching, but from personal experience it seems that the eco-friendly options are always way more expensive than the alternative. Granted, saving the earth would seem to be worth anything, right? But those of us in the lower-middle class income seem to have a harder time paying more for items we need and those that we can't necessarily make work for us again. I mean, yeah, turning disposed food & stuff into compost for the yard, I can understand doing that. Recycling into several containers when I don't have enough room for a trash can? A little harder to do. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm all for being green...but the motivation is lacking. Do you ever feel pressured to go green? Do you feel like the media is making too much of it all at once? Please comment on this post & tell me what works best for you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I sure understand where you're coming from. I feel the intense pressure too. And it seems to be an "all or nothing" thing--those who go green are often bordering on obsessive about it. Like if you can't do it all, it isn't good enough.