Sunday, May 25, 2008

Be Jealous, if you want to.




My hubby is the greatest. No really, he is. Sure he has his flaws, but some people might say that they're great things...well, depending on who you are, I suppose.



Meet Josh. He's 2 years younger than I am, but he's a smart little whipper-snapper! Josh & I met through a friend (roommate at the time) because we were stood up by some other guys on St. Patrick's Day. The 2 of us (roomy & I) being Irish, had to find something to do or someone to hang out with knowing that sitting at home was not an option. She called Josh, whom she bowled with, and he was there in a matter of minutes. We went to a movie, then back to the apartment & spent the next several weeks talking (nearly non-stop) in person & on the phone. I loved spending time with him, but was on a dating hiatus...it just wasn't an option.

I didn't know it then, but I was totally falling for him. He'd already fallen for me...but only Grandma saw that. So after showing some guts doing karaoke (that's the last time ever) & staying away from me for a week...& then about a month (while I dated someone else...stupid me anyhow!) I decided that there was nobody better. The Lord was really faithful in showing me that! After a few months of praying, we decided that the search was over & the rest, as they say, (who are they, by the way) is history! Isn't he cute?



So what makes him the greatest, you ask? Well, mostly for who he is...& then for who he's not. What he does helps, too! Like what? Oh...let me make just a short list for you gals & then you can make your standards list & see what you're missing out on! Guys, you have to live up to this!


  1. Rubs my feet or back w/o my having to ask for it


  2. Picks up after me (not that he has to!)


  3. Listens to me whining about everything I choose to whine about


  4. Cleans out the litter boxes & feeds the kitties when I've fallen asleep


  5. Takes care of my car (even cleans it out once in awhile (now if I could convince him to keep it washed!))


  6. Sweeps the floors (mostly)


  7. Does the dishes (but that's b/c he doesn't wash them when he puts them in the sink!)


  8. Keeps me entertained - whether that's making me laugh, or finding a movie to do so


  9. Consoles me when I'm upset


  10. Plays nice w/my friends, even when I won't return the favor


  11. Goes to church (even w/me)


  12. Tries really hard not to get mad at work (& even harder to leave it there)


  13. Loves my family as much (if not more) than his own


  14. Surprises me w/little things all the time (recently, he teased me saying that he bought Little Caeser's Pizza for the guys at work.......then told me that he brought home a whole cheese pizza just for me! I ate 2 slices, he ate the rest...oh well! It was a nice thought!)


  15. He's really cute


  16. He practices good hygiene


  17. He loves me...even when I'm being really mean or throwing a fit...or having a mental breakdown!

How could I NOT love him!?!?! Yeah, you'd love him, too...admit it.



No comments: